After another busy year, I’d like to take a moment to reflect on what innovaTel Telepsychiatry accomplished in its fifth year of business and where we are headed in 2020.
Reflecting on 2019
- innovaTel become the first company exclusively focused on telepsychiatry to earn ClearHealth Quality Institutes Accreditation for Telemedicine.
- We are very pleased that Linda Rosenberg, immediate past President and CEO of the National Council for Behavioral Health has accepted the position as Co-Chair of innovaTel’s Strategic Advisory Board, joining former U.S. Representative (D-RI) Patrick J. Kennedy, as Co-Chairman. The Strategic Advisory Board is comprised of national leaders in the field of behavioral health delivery and will provide guidance on innovaTel’s mission.
- We announced additions to our clinical administrative team, joining Dr. Robert Wilson, innovaTel co-founder and Medical Director, Dr. Liberty Eberly, innovaTel co-founder, will assume an additional leadership role as Chief Medical Officer and Dr. McCray Ashby, a child psychiatrist that has been on our clinical team for the past five years will join the clinical leadership team as the Director of Medical Integration & Training.
- In response to frequent requests from our customers, we added licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs) to our clinical team and we are now proud to be able to provide teletherapy services in addition to telepsychiatry services.
- We have experienced significant growth this year, innovaTel clinicians have had 120,000 patient encounters in 2019; increasing by 63% year over year.
- Going forward, innovaTel remains committed to providing care to individuals struggling with addiction. We are looking forward to the DEA publishing the regulations that would support the provision of MAT via telepsychiatry. To that end, please see the Stakeholder letter to the DEA on Ryan Haight Special Registration.
- NatCon 2020
- We are looking forward to being a sponsor and sending a large team to NatCon in Austin, Texas; the single biggest event in behavioral health.
- We will be sponsoring a $10,000 prize for the inaugural Technology Shark Tank during National Council’s NatCon20 Conference.
- Growing Our Team
- We are excited to continue to expand our clinical and administrative team in 2020 with significant additions to our business development and clinical recruitment team.
- Polly Cooper: Clinical Recruiter
- Kim Gildea: HR Coordinator
President & CEO