Bringing Psychiatrists to the Primary Care Setting Virtually
This is possible with an integrated care partnership with innovaTel Telepsychiatry!
What is integrated care?
Integrated care is the coordination of general and behavioral health care. It has produced the best outcomes and is the most effective approach to caring for patients with multiple healthcare needs. Primary care settings have become the gateway to the behavioral health system, and primary care providers need support and resources to screen and treat patients.
Behavioral Health Services & Integrated Care
Behavioral health statistics tell us that many patients are seeking mental health care with their primary care provider. There are a few factors that can lead to this:
- Patients have an established relationship and are more comfortable with their primary care provider.
- Patients don’t want to see a psychiatrist due to the mental health stigma.
- The wait times are too long to see a psychiatrist and access to care is faster in the primary care setting.
- The patient may not follow through with the referral.
- The patient follows the referral, but experiences significant wait times to see a psychiatrist and cause delay in treatment.