Your Telepsychiatry Partner
What is Telepsychiatry?
Telepsychiatry is a subset of telemedicine, using secure video conferencing, that involves providing a range of mental health services including psychiatric evaluations, therapy, patient education and medication management. Through telepsychiatry, we are able to utilize the reduced number of active psychiatrists and allow them to treat more patients in all areas across the country. Telepsychiatry is equivalent to in-person care in diagnostic accuracy, treatment effectiveness, quality of care and patient satisfaction and is used in a variety of settings.
The American Psychiatric Association‘s Position Statement on Telemedicine in Psychiatry: “Telemedicine in psychiatry, using video conferencing, is a validated and effective practice of medicine that increases access to care. The American Psychiatric Association supports the use of telemedicine as a legitimate component of a mental health delivery system to the extent that its use is in the best interest of the patient and is in compliance with the APA policies on medical ethics and confidentiality. “
"Telepsychiatry is crucial for meeting the need for behavioral healthcare in America.
There is an overwhelming need for psychiatrists due to the shrinking workforce and increasing demand for mental healthcare.
It’s crucial that we leverage the number of active psychiatrists and telepsychiatry is able to do just that.
Telepsychiatry is the future of mental health care and innovaTel is bringing expert care to the masses through their partnership with organizations throughout America.
Thanks to innovaTel, we are able to bridge-the-gap to meet the significant need. innovaTel has the DNA to ensure patients receive the care they need in a meaningful way.”
– The Honorable Patrick J. Kennedy
Benefits of Telepsychiatry
How Telepsychiatry Works
- Telepsychiatry allows us to hire providers across the country and because of this we are able to be very selective of providers that join our team. The providers remain an employee of innovaTel Telepsychiatry even after partnered with a customer.
- Our customers interview the available providers, choose the best candidate that fits their needs and has the final say in which provider becomes a virtual member of their team.
- We understand the importance of continuity of care. We are not a locum tenens provider and we guarantee the chosen provider will be the same provider that your patients and team will see day-in and day-out during the duration of the partnership.
- Telepsychiatry encounters are very similar to traditional in-person treatment. We recommend a “telepsychiatry room” be setup and configured for the best patient experience. Our dedicated IT team provides guidance on equipment, setup, etc.
Our providers become an important member of YOUR treatment team and is not just a “warm body filling a seat”.
Telepsychiatry Is An Essential Solution to the Psychiatric Shortage
There are currently 28,252 active psychiatrists, but 70% of them are age 50 and older
A large percentage of the United States population is suffering from mental illness and there are not enough psychiatrists to meet the need; particularly in rural areas. We can help to bridge-the-gap and bring quality, passionate, experienced mental health clinicians to organizations that are having trouble recruiting and retaining clinicians through telepsychiatry.